FITNESS FOR THE MIND-BODY-SOUL!!
2499 Long Beach Rd.,
(516) 415-2190 PH/TX
The Key to a fit body:
The Mind is the Master of the body. When you train your mind to achieve peak performance, your body has no other choice but to follow suit. Working out and physical exercise are critical, but if you don’t have the optimum mindset, it will not last. You can pump iron all day long, run 10 miles a day, bike a million paths; … but if you do not exercise and strengthen your mind, you will always fall short of meeting your fitness goals.
Being healthy is a much more complex state than having a six-pack. The fitness industry has shifted focus from just physical performance, strength and shape of your body, to the overall wellbeing, which includes mental health too.
- By starting with the mind, it is proven ONLY THEN can Exercise be most effective;
- A recent study done by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health found that running for 15 minutes a day or walking for an hour reduces the risk of major depression by 26%;
- Exercise is a natural and effective anti-anxiety treatment. It relieves tension and stress, boosts physical and mental energy, and enhances well-being through the release of endorphins;
- Sharper memory and thinking. The same endorphins that make you feel better also help you concentrate and feel mentally sharp for tasks at hand;
- Exercise stimulates the growth of new brain cells and helps prevent age-related decline.
- Mind fitness is proven to – “improve cognition, sleep, aid with emotional dysregulation, anxiety/depression, and boost overall mood.”
Holistic Warriors encompasses your overall mental, physical and spiritual health to achieve resiliency, optimism, and mental clarity. We incorporate the (mind, body and spirit) to guide you in setting up and achieving your primary life goals, which include living happier, having a mindful and balanced mindset, practicing positivity, living a healthy lifestyle, and accomplishing your goals.
Holistic Warrior’s uses a Trained Practitioner to skillfully incorporate brainwave entrainment/synchronization and Proper Breathing/ Relaxation Techniques & Exercises (making the most out of the 25,000 breaths you take daily), to induce clients into a relaxed state. At that point, your body “tunes in” and becomes relaxed as well, which leads to a calmer and more focused mind. This state promotes motivation to your body and enables and promotes the most effective meaningful workout!
At Holistic Warriors we focus on mental/emotional fitness; as our minds need regular exercise and training just as much as our bodies do in order to stay healthy and fit.
Have you ever thought how to train your attention muscle with Mindfulness? Eliminate Negative Thinking Patterns with Cognitive Restructuring? Build a better Relationship with your emotions with Validation? When practiced regularly, these simple techniques will lead to a stronger, healthier and more balanced work out. It is proven that exercising your mind is the key to unlocking your bodies full potential.
Proper preparation, optimization and motivation of the mind, allows your body to make attainable and achievable fitness goals.
The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen!
Our program extends far beyond the four walls. The team actively supports your mind-body-soul success through personalized accountability, staying on track of your established goals, nutritional coaching, proper usage and application of essential oils and other holistic modalities. We work with you towards identifying smart goal-setting, workout (fitness) adjustments, to ensure your body is constantly getting stronger, leaner, healthier, and more energized; thereby maximizing your mind and soul.
We utilize the mind as a vehicle to refresh, renew and energize your body. We implement practicing awareness /mindfulness as you do jumping jacks, lift weights, or pour your energy into the treadmill, bike, stair master, elliptical machine, etc. How? Start by repeating a mantra or affirmation with each movement.
Keep your attention in your body and on your breathing, and you will restore yourself on multiple levels. Exercise is the essential element of the mind-body-soul balance because it literally affects all three.
What’s on your mind when you are at the gym? Are you worried about your finances, ruminating over a past argument or worrying about your kids? Bogged down with negative thinking, doesn’t enable you to reap all the benefits of fitness dedication and hard work. Aside from that, you are not making your workout any easier.
Why not give your brain something positive to concentrate on while exercising? Not only will you have more energy and stamina, you’ll be pumping out an extra dose of those feel-good endorphins you naturally get from exercise. You’ll feel more mindful, centered, empowered, and positive for the rest of the day. It’s an opportunity to benefit the total YOU- in body, mind, and spirit.
Count your blessings. If you have ten minutes left on the treadmill think of ten things you are grateful for and spend one minute on each.
A grateful heart filled with gratitude, is a happy heart! A happy heart makes for a better everything—especially a vigorous workout that pushes you beyond your limits!
Our team is comprised of:
- NASM- Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM- Certified Personal Enhancement Specialist
- Mad Dog Athletics- Certified Spin Instructor
- CPT- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified Stress Management Coaches
- Certified Anger Management Specialist-2
- Relaxation Therapist
- Certified Brain Core Neurofeedback
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-R)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
Sahra Robinson, LCSW-R Jeff Cornatzor, SMC, CBCNF